WHO WE ARE:
We believe communities thrive because of driven nonprofits and passionate people. Everything we do is driven by purpose. We develop with heart, work with transparency, and deploy with intentionality. We formulate organizational and information technology strategies, employing our social service and systems expertise to strengthen nonprofits. Service is our calling and that’s how our team approaches strategy. We are proud of the solutions we implement, but more than anything we are proud to serve our amazing nonprofit clients and their missions.
WHO YOU ARE:
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects from requirements discovery through implementation and deployment, working with a technical team to ensure MMG meets or exceeds our project goals both internally and externally. Your team will be skilled in platforms such as Salesforce to engineer solutions that support mission, empower staff, and equip nonprofit leaders with data to demonstrate their true impact on their communities.
Your Day to Day:
- As a completely virtual company, your daily commute won’t be long. You will be responsible for ensuring that you work in an environment that is most beneficial to you, be it at a home office or favorite coffee shop.
- You will have daily 15-minute standups with your project team to collaborate on the work that you do for our nonprofit clients.
- You will collaborate with your project team to conduct human-centered design sessions and troubleshoot technical problems.
- You will lead the client in process mapping sessions to ensure your technical team has the information they need to translate to functional requirements.
- You will be responsible for managing your day to ensure you have focused time to do things such as manage and maintain a project backlog, coordinate schedules, assist in the development or testing of high-quality features on an array of cloud applications, all of which will be focused on delivering the greatest impact to our clients.
- You will have feature owner meetings and touchpoints with clients to make sure the transition from business requirement to technical feature is as efficient as possible.
- During a sprint, you could be performing final quality assurance of the features the team built, finalizing communication and facilitating testing periods for the clients, or preparing a demonstration presentation for the end of sprint “show-and-tell”. You should feel proud of the work that the team is doing.
- You will conduct weekly status calls with clients via Zoom to review blockers, discuss project financials, and anything else that need to be reviewed to ensure the project is on track and exceeding expectations.
- You will have part of your week dedicated to collaborating with your teammates on internal initiatives that focus on continuous improvement. This will be refining process, working on best practices, or goal setting.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MMG
You are service oriented. You are searching for an environment where you can leverage your skill set to contribute to a greater good.
You are passionate. You care about a cause and believe that when a bunch of like-minded people work together, they truly can change the world.
You are a technologist or love seeing how technology can support others in having more impact. You have years of experience with Salesforce and other technologies and want to apply it to the nonprofit space.
You are a lifelong learner. You ask questions and seek to truly understand. You develop your skill set based on professional needs and personal interests. Your desire to learn is driven by a commitment to constantly grow.
You like thinking outside of the box, or even believe there is no box to think outside of. You want to join a team of creative problem solvers.
You think trust is a cornerstone to healthy relationships and partnerships. You want to join an organization that puts an extreme focus on being a tightknit, trusting team because healthy teams can make a big impact.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
At MMG we strive to build a culture… not just a business. Your teammates strive to make MMG an awesome place to work.
Here is what you can expect from the team:
- Commitment to living our core values
- Having open and transparent dialogue
- Looking at everything through the lens of mission
- Honoring our families with balanced work lives
- Travel 10-15% of your time
- Scheduled team retrospectives coupled with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Learning and cross training opportunities
- Striving to align skill sets to people’s passion
- Employer-sponsored family health coverage including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- 401k plan
- Flexible work environment